Golf Breaks In Portugal: Top 18-Hole Courses
Portugal is one of the popular destinations for golf breaks in the European continent. Here we have listed top 18-holes golf courses that will add a feather to your cap, and a dream destination for golf lovers.
Golfe De Amarante
- Designed in 1997 by Jorge Santana da Silva
- Located at 600 meters above sea level inside Quinta da Deveza
- Neighboring area – Amarante Town.
- Fairways slope either downwards or upwards.
- Places of attraction – Vine terraces situated at River Tamega
- Designed in 2001 by Arthur Hills
- Located in Natural Park over Atlantic Ocean over the Atlantic Ocean
- Neighboring areas – Sintra hills and Cascais
- Ranked 65th best in the world and Second Best golf course in Europe
Oceanic Faldo Golf Course
- Designed by famous golf player, Nick Faldo.
- Located in Alcantarilha, Algrave
- Offers Oceanico Academy, i.e. a 9-hole, par 3 golf course with floodlights
Oceanico Millennium Golf Course’
- Designed in 2000 by Hawtree & Sons, renowned golf architects from the UK.
- A former part of the Laguna Golf Course
- Narrow fairways requiring greater accuracy
- The golf course has water hazards due to presence of lakes near the course.
Oceanico Victoria Golf Course
- Designed by Arnold Palmer in 2004.
- Located in Vilamoura, Algarve
- Course runs along a plain region without disturbing the wetlands
- Undulated fairways, water hazards, well-positioned bunkers and several trees are its main features.
- Venue for the PGA World Cup in 2005 as well as the Portugal Masters
Vale Do Lobo Ocean Golf Course
- Redesigned by Rocky Roquemore, an American golf architect.
- 9 holes in the front of the course are situated on a hilly terrain.
- Pine trees surround the undulated fairways
- Sea view is possible from many holes.
- Nine holes in the rear part of the course include picturesque ocean views; few holes extend to the beach
- Designed by Sir Henry Cotton in 1997
- Located near the village, Alvor
- Owned by Pestana Golf Resorts
- Par 5 measures a distance of 600 meters
- Suitable for all levels of handicap
- Designed by Nick Price, former top golf player, and Ronald Fream in 1991.
- Located in Carvoeiro, Algarve
- Ownership – Vale da Pinta and Pestana Golf Resorts
- 18 holes, 27 greens, and several tee points.