What Makes The Alto Golf Course A Definite Must Play
Golfers seeking excellent playing conditions, scenic surroundings, and tranquil atmosphere have always been attracted to the Alto Golf Course. Well designed course, more than 6000 meters long, many unique holes, and elevated greens are hallmarks of this wonderful course. There are many more reasons for you to place the Alto Golf Course is the ‘Must Play’ list.
- Very few places in Portugal can match the list of courses, beaches, cuisines, and resorts that can be found in Alvor – the charming fishing town that houses the Alto Golf Course. After a game of golf, you can take a walk to the nearby fishing village. We assure the sights and scenery will fascinate you.
- The Altos Golf Course was opened to the public in the year 1997. Those who have visited the course would remember it for the design and excellent playing conditions. Without upsetting the natural beauty of the landscape, the course was created by the legendary Sir Henry Cottons. Golf enthusiasts who love a good challenge need just one reason to grant their patronage to a course. In case of the Alto Golf Course it is the Sir Henry Challenge – a par-5; 600 meter hole that requires skill and absolute concentration to conquer.
- This classic course designed with two key aspects in mind – Playability and Challenge, can offer valuable lessons to other architects on how to design a world class golf course. The course has wide, rolling fairways, bordered by tall trees, strategically placed bunkers, elevated greens, and artfully placed holes.
- Need more reasons to visit the Alto Golf Course? The golf course is at the center of Pestana Golf Resort, which is one of the best resorts in the region. Why waste time commuting, stay at the resort and experience the best Algarve has to offer at one place – luxury accommodation and golf.
- The Alto Golf Course makes available the best facilities for its guests. The pro shop at the course is stocked with golf equipments and gears from the best reputable brands. The clubhouse has excellent changing rooms and locker facility. The reception counter at the course is very responsive and it is open throughout the week.
- Buggy and club rental are made available to the visitors. The club has a large terrace area that offers a clear view of the golf course, the third-hole fairway in particular. The practice facilities here are world class; it has one of the best putting practice green in the region.